During PCBs waste treatment process, regular monitoring is required to maintain air quality and a cleaner and safer environment without leakage. The types of monitoring carried out are:
Measure for Air Contamination :
- Exhaust from vacuum pumps are pre-treated by activated carbon as a safety net before released.
- Exhaust from dismantling area is pre-treated by activated carbon before released.
- Negative pressure operations
Measure to Prevent Leakage :
- Spill containment (drainage and sump pit)
- 1% slope of the building floor
- Floors are coated with epoxy.
Emergency Measure :
- Automatic fire alarms
- Chemical fire extinguishers
- Fire hydrants
Regular monitoring for PCBs:
- Perchloroethylene in ambient air
- PCBs in surface water
Quality control is conducted by a qualified analytical laboratory as certified by :
- ISO/ IEC-17025
- MOEF Approved Environmental Laboratory.(atp)